Sunday, March 20, 2011

What, no March Madness!!

So this is week two of our grand experiment of going without TV at the Gibbs' household....

WHAT NO TV!!!!

I know...it almost seems unamerican.  I mean no TV during March Madness!!

When I told my mom about our decision I think at first she tried to be understanding.  The only real question she had was, "but Brett how will you follow college basketball?"

When I told her that I don't watch basketball......well she never really came out and said it but I could tell what she was thinking, "this kid is no blood relation to me!" (my mom is a college basketball fanantic)

The no TV thing was really just about saving money and promoting exercise. Both my wife and I have been trying to exercise more and we thought that maybe if we didn't have the old "boob tube" anymore (does anybody still can it that?) we would get out and exercise more often.

And it seemed to be working...until today.  While out running on the bike trail my wife hurt her leg...hip flexor I think...and my right calf was so knotted up I was luck to make it up the steps into the house when we got home.

So here we are...it's Sunday night...we're both lame and no TV.....

I'm even sorta missing "Desperate Housewives"...

No comments:

Post a Comment