Monday, September 3, 2012

Am I a Tweeter or just a Twit??

Each year the principals and I get together and set district and personal goals that we would like to accomplish for the upcoming school year.

Last year, one of my personal goals was to increase the schools presence on social media.  I'm always reading about how other Superintendent's and schools are using Facebook and Twitter to promote their school and school groups. They report that by using social media they are able to increase public awareness and support for their school.  Since I already have an account on both Facebook and Twitter I figured that using them for school would be fairly easy.  For the first year I thought I would start with Twitter since I had just received some training on how to use it and it seemed a little easier to use.

I was wrong...first of all, we block both Facebook and Twitter at school which made it very difficult for me to set up and maintain a school account...(difficult for me, but the block didn't seem to stop the kids from using them!!)

The second problem, and the one that caused me to fail to reach my goal...you had to actually log in and update your account!!  Shouldn't be that hard, on Twitter you can only use 140 characters per update so no long post to worry about writing (unlike my blog updates which seem to go on and on)

Anyway....new year, same old goal...this time though I'm working on a challenge as someone dared to tell me that no one would follow the Wheelers on Twitter even if I kept it active...so...here we go..

I need to have people sign in click here (or log-in for those of you who already have a Twitter account) and start following the Wheelers on Twitter @gowheelers...that's it!!

Although I think the original challenge was to double my followers (I started the year with 13!!) I am making it a personal goal to get at least a hundred followers.  After only one week I'm already up to 15 so I'm well on my way...

For my part I will promise to post updates concerning upcoming school events, tweet updates from school sporting events and any other information concerning the Audubon Wheelers that their fans might find interesting (or that I find interesting at least...since I'm the one doing the posting)

Please pass the word and the web link and start following the Wheelers on Twitter!!

Get started here:  click here

Remember...be a Tweeter not a Twit!!  @gowheelers


No comments:

Post a Comment